Alvarado Intermediate School is committed to assuring that parents/guardians of English Learners have a voice in the education of their children. The English Language Advisory Committee (ELAC) provides parents/guardians opportunities to have a leadership voice and to provide input and recommendations by:
- Participating in the school's need assessment of students, parents and teachers.
- Advising the principal and school staff on the school's program of English Learners.
- Providing input on the most effective ways to ensure regular school attendance.
- Reflecting and recommending the school on the annual language census information.
- Advising the School Site Council on the development of the Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA).
- Providing recommendation and advice on the EIA/LEP and Title III-LEP budget allocations as it pertains to the academic and language needs of the EL student to have equity and equality in their education to close the achievement gap.